Monday, February 2, 2009

Sound effects

So part of the package of being the composer for the game studio I work for is being their Sound Designer. This means I get to make all the sounds for the games that we do. For anyone who happens to be a sound designer that is reading this:

My hat is off to you and you have my utmost respect.

This is a LOT harder than I imagined it would be! Thankfully I have friends out here in LA that know Pro Tools a little better than I do who showed me how to utilize RTAS plug-ins. It took me 1.5 hours to do THREE sound effects! I'm supposed to have all the ones on my list done by the middle of the week and a few ideas for the demo level theme song!

Ariel = no free time this month = me :(

What Ariel has going on this month:
-finishing up all sounds and music for demo by end of Feb.
-work review (at the other job) and trying to get hired as part of staff
-getting February WoW minis battlegrounds stuff
-housing a friend from Florida sometime mid-month for a few days
-Feb 21-22 going to San Diego to playtest armies for Dark moon faire tourney
-Feb 27-Mar.1 Dark Moon Faire tournament in San Francisco

Is it March yet? =\

No comments: